02 October 2007

I’m writing this while sitting in MY place for the next year. After a weekend inevitably filled with surprises and the usual red tape, I now have my own little window (actually 4) in France.

I finally decided it was a good time finish the looong September 9th post so that you can see the story behind the whole thing. For those of you who are interested I have changed the color of the new paragraphs to blue so that you can go back and find it. If you don’t really feel like reading an epic tale right now, you can just keep reading from here.

So Friday was moving day. In Paris, this means one of two things—Either you call a cab, load it up, and pay a month’s worth of groceries to shuttle you directly to your new place (an option that I am considering very much now for the next move) OR you call of all of your friends, each grab one or two bags and hop on the metro. In our case, option number 2 was the winner and included 4 girls, 2 BIG suitcases, a very heavy duffel, a backpacking backpack, 4 shopping bags and taking the tram to a bus to the metro to another bus. Or so we thought--- but of course France ALWAYS throws in surprises and last bus trip turned into a 20 minute trek across the Seine, uphill, and up 60 stairs IN THE RAIN. We arrived at our front gate, with wet hair and feet, to the sound of my duffel (that had decided it had finally had enough) separating from its wheeled frame and flopping onto the drenched ground.

It is so good to finally be here though. My pictures are up, everything is unpacked and I no longer have to shuttle across the hall to use the bathroom. Finally…home?!

Our internet is still not set up but hopefully tonight?! For now, I will write and post when I get to school... just wait until you hear about EURODISNEY...yes---I'm leaving you to hang in anticipation.

No comments: